East Africa Satsang Swaminarayan Temple, Nairobi
The East Africa Swaminarayan Satsang Temple, Nairobi was built in 1945. It was the first Swaminarayan temple to be built outside the Indian subcontinent as well as the first on the continent of Africa. This temple comes under the NarNarayan Dev Gadi of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.
Pictorial images of Swaminarayan were consecrated in India and were then shipped to Nairobi in 1945. In 1957 Acharya Maharajshree Tejendraprasad Pande (in his Pre-Acharya status) on behalf of his father (who was then Acharya), visited the temple for the first time and installed images of Swaminarayan in the ladies section.